Senior Health Insurance Program (SHIP) is a free counseling service provided by the Illinois Department on Aging. SHIP does NOT sell or solicit insurance. SHIP is NOT an insurance plan. Counselors can answer questions about:
- Medicare supplement insurance
- Medicare Advantage Programs, HMOs, PPOs, and PFFs
- Prescription drug coverage through Medicare and other sources
- Long-term care insurance
- Medicare claims and appeals
- Medicare beneficiary rights and guaranteesAll appointments are made through AgeGuide of Northeastern Illinois, at 630-812-1209 or online, but meetings take place at Downers Grove Public Library.
Open enrollment takes place beginning October 15 to December 7.
Contact the Ask Us Desk at email@example.com or call (630) 960-1200 with questions.